Leaderboard
728x15

Rock of Rothéneuf: my wife + stone face 38.060.02

Large Rectangle

A few nice vacation specials images I found:


Rock of Rothéneuf: my wife + stone face 38.060.02
vacation specials
Image by Juergen Kurlvink
Hear: ... La Petit Fille de la mer - Vangelis ... AND
see SLIDE Show: from our Newest or Unvalued ... or look ... bigly . or . map

Place: My Wife gives the Sculptur her Hand on ♦ Rock from Rothéneuf ♦ St.-Vincent on the ♦ Cote de granit rose ♦ Brittany ♦ France
Ort: Meine Frau gibt der Skulptur die Hand am ♦ Felsen von Rothéneuf ♦ St.-Vincent an der ♦ Cote de granit rose ♦ Bretagne ♦ Frankreich

Kommentar: → Klick auf die "Links" ( ↑ oben ↑ ) für Infos und mehr ...
Das Besondere an diesem Felsen und diesen Kunstwerken ist::
Nachdem der Gemeindepfarrer, Abbée Fouré (1839–1910),
im Alter von 30 Jahren einen Schlaganfall erlitten hatte, der ihn halbseitig lähmte, zog er sich auf die Klippen von Rothéneuf zurück, wo er dann 25 Jahre als Einsiedler lebte.
Comment: → Click on the "Link" ( ↑ above ↑ ) for information and more…
The special at this rock and these works of art is:
After the parish priest, Abbée Fouré (1839-1910),
at the age of 30 years, has him a apoplexy the half-pages paralyzed.
Goes Abbée Fouré to the cliffs from Rothéneuf,
where he lived then 25 years as an a eremite.


Arriving at Star Tours
vacation specials
Image by Scottwdw
Star Tours queue in Disney's Hollywood Studios at the end of an Extra Magic Hours night. Star Tours Cast Members let Dave Kliment and me in the Fastpass queue with our tripods to photograph the queue.

I will be attending my first Star Wars Weekends on this trip. Looking forward to seeing the characters and special events.


a fort
vacation specials
Image by kandyjaxx
fort mahakan, to be exact. it was right under this fort's walls that sara and I started to have trouble with the tuk-tuk drivers (not reall trouble, but . . . ). They all insisted that the Wat we were headed to was closed (special holiday / monks praying) and that we should go with them to take a tour to the big buddha (luck buddha / black buddha / marble buddha / giant swing . . . whatever). I had heard of this . . . I don't want to say scam, but . . . common misrepresentation before and I tried to hurry us past. But Sarah stopped and talked with several 'helpful' people who kept repeating the same thing. Eventually, we made it to the Wat (I kept saying "We just want to go and look" and Sarah came up with "We're meeting friends there" which was quite useful) and another helpful guy (this one not a tuk-tuk driver, but after a while a tuk-tuk very conveniently arrived . . . ) and he said the same thing. I didn't believe him and started to walk in through the gate (I figured, if it really is closed, someone from the Wat itself will stop me) and the gate was open and everthing seemed fine (and I saw people walking around inside) but the guy yelled at me "Where are you going? NO!" and Sarah became somewhat diistressed and so we moved on to Wat Po (which, according to more helpful tuk-tuk drivers, was ALSO closed . . . . hmmmmm). After a while, Sarah became resentful of the seemingly 'helpful' tuk tuk guys, and we made it back to our favourite Wat and refused to take a tuk-tuk for the rest of our stay. The moral here: when a tuk tuk offers to take you on a tour: smile nod and say "We're meeting friends there" or "I just want to have a look for myself" and walk right past. It's no use getting upset or being rude, but if you get in the tuk tuk for the special 20 Baht tour, expect to visit a suit shop or a gold shop or some such thing and be prepared to buy something. Tuk tuks ARE useful little things - if you know about how much you should be paying and if they don't offer to make an unscheduled 'stop' but I preferred the meter cabs. they're just easier.

Banner